PARALLEL SEMANTIC SEARCH¶
The user can search, in more than 100 languages, in parallel across CHAIN-REDS Knowledge Base and in:
To install this portlet the WAR file has to be deployed into the application server.
Once the portlet is installed, through its preferences page is possible to select which SPARQL endpoints are wanted to be queried and the number of records to display per page, as shown in the following figure.
The search can be performed:
- By typing one or more keywords in the textbox search. After entering the search string, clicking the “Search” button the system submit a SPARQL query that retrieve the results from the CHAIN-REDS repository.
- Using search filters. Inserting in textbox search string, for example, “author: G. Smith” and clicking “Search” will be launched a SPARQL query that will return only the resources of CHAIN-REDS that have at least one author who matches “Smith G.”. The possible filters (according to the Dublin Core Standard) are : dc: author, dc: subject dc: type and dc: publisher. Clicking the “Examples” button are show examples of search filters in 4 of the 110 languages supported by the system.
Clicking on “More Info” link, you can access all the details of the resource.
Clicking on “[Citations]” link (only for CHAIN-REDS tab), if available, are dispayed more information from Google Scholar about the versions and the quotations of the resource.
Clicking on “[Linked Data]” link will be open a new tab that shows a LodLive graph of the resource with all its metadata.
- ‘A CHAIN-REDS Perspective about Data Access and Metadata Management’. 3rd International Platform on Integrating Arab e-infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE 2013. December 12-13, 2013. Tunisia. 
- The CHAIN-REDS Semantic Search Engine.
- Science Gateways for Semantic-Web- Based Life Science Applications. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, Volume 175: HealthGrid Applications and Technologies Meet Science gateways for Life Sciences, pp 119-130. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-054-3-119 
- The CHAIN-REDS Knowledge Base and Semantic Search Engine. e-Infrastructures for e-Sciences 2013. A CHAIN-REDS Workshop organised under the eagis of the European Commission (eleS2013). October 22, 2013 Beijing, P.R. of China. 
- A CHAIN-REDS solution for accessing computational services. Cuarta Conferencia de Directores de Tecnología de Información, TICAL2014 Gestión de las TICs para la Investigación y la Colaboración, Cancún, del 26 al 28 de mayo de 2014.
- CHAIN-REDS application use cases on data management. “4th International Platform on Integrating Arab e-Infrastructure in a Global Environment, e-AGE 2014” to be held in Grant Hyatt Muscat, Oman, 10 – 11 December, 2014.
- CHAIN-REDS DART Challenge. Biredial-ISTEC 2014, At Porto Alegre, Rio Grande du Sul Brazil. DOI: 10.13140/2.1.3532.8961 
Please feel free to contact us any time if you have any questions or comments.