SEMANTIC SEARCH API¶
Programmable use of the CHAIN-REDS Semantic Search Engine is possible thanks to a simple RESTful API. The API allows to get and reuse the millions of open access resources contained in the CHAIN-REDS Knowledge Base and stored in a Virtuoso RDF-compliant database.
Get all information about the resources¶
- REQUEST (HTTP method GET)To do a request one must insert into the URL three parameters:1. keyword: is the keyword seeked; the keyword can contain any filters for example (keyword=author:SEEKED_AUTHOR, keyword=subject:SEEKED_SUBJECT, keyword=type:SEEKED_TYPE, keyword=format:SEEKED_FORMAT and keyword=publisher:SEEKED_PUBLISHER)2. limit: is the maximum number of resources that has to be retrieved by the query;3. offset: is the value in the list of resources to start the retrieval with.as shown below:keyword=SEEKED_KEYWORD&limit=MAX_NUMBER_OF_RESOURCES&offset=OFFSET
- RESPONSE (application/json)A collection of resources is represented as a JSON array of objects containing the information about the resources; a single resource is represented as a JSON object. All parameters are Dublin Core Metadata Elements (see http://dublincore.org/documents/dces/ and http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/) except the repository’s parameters that include the information regarding the repository that contains the resource.
If the keyword is not found, the result is an empty object.
Example: Search the first 10 resources (offset=0) that contain the keyword “eye” inside the title.
Get all information about a single resource¶
- REQUEST (HTTP method GET)To do a request one must insert into the URL one parameter:1. id: is the identifier of the resource inside the triple store Virtuoso; it is a uri
as shown below:
- RESPONSE (application/json)The response is represented as a JSON object containing all information about the single resource.
Get information from Google Scholar by a title¶
- REQUEST (HTTP method GET)To do a request one must insert into the URL one parameter:1. title: is the title by which to get information from Google Scholaras shown below:
- RESPONSE (application/json)The response is represented as a JSON object containing any information from Google Scholar.
Get information from Altmetric by a DOI¶
- REQUEST (HTTP method GET)To do a request one must insert into the URL one parameter:1. DOI: is the parameter by which are retrieved all metrics from Altmetric.as shown below:
- RESPONSE (application/json)The response is represented by a JSON object containing all information from Altmetric.
Checkout detailed instructions here
Please feel free to contact us any time if you have any questions or comments.